Insurers Market Exchanges for Young Invincibles
To capture the attention of young invincibles, IBX is reaching out to them where they live, physically and digitally. The insurer has built out a tractor-trailer with exchange info and Internet capabilities that is driving to neighborhoods where their targeted demographic lives. Dubbed the "Independence Express," the truck goes to community events such as the Kennett Square Mushroom Festival and Greenfest Philly, to be an educational tool that helps consumers learn about HIX as well as promote the brand with IBX materials and interaction.
The Independence Express
"The younger demographic isn't necessarily willing to pay more for Blue Cross coverage, so we need to position our brand as providing [a] different value," says McClung.
IBX is also cross-promoting HIX with local sports teams, the Philadelphia Phillies, 76ers, and Flyers. And it's using social media for a major push of the "Live Fearless" campaign.
IBX's newest social media push is a photo contest called #IBXLiveFearless that encourages residents to post pictures on its contest site showing the embodiment of what it means to live fearlessly.
"The 'Live Fearless' theme is not to live your life in a bubble wrap, but to have confidence to live your life with the security and stability of the Blue brand behind you," says McClung.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement