Insurers Market Exchanges for Young Invincibles
To capture the attention of young invincibles, IBX is reaching out to them where they live, physically and digitally. The insurer has built out a tractor-trailer with exchange info and Internet capabilities that is driving to neighborhoods where their targeted demographic lives. Dubbed the "Independence Express," the truck goes to community events such as the Kennett Square Mushroom Festival and Greenfest Philly, to be an educational tool that helps consumers learn about HIX as well as promote the brand with IBX materials and interaction.
The Independence Express
"The younger demographic isn't necessarily willing to pay more for Blue Cross coverage, so we need to position our brand as providing [a] different value," says McClung.
IBX is also cross-promoting HIX with local sports teams, the Philadelphia Phillies, 76ers, and Flyers. And it's using social media for a major push of the "Live Fearless" campaign.
IBX's newest social media push is a photo contest called #IBXLiveFearless that encourages residents to post pictures on its contest site showing the embodiment of what it means to live fearlessly.
"The 'Live Fearless' theme is not to live your life in a bubble wrap, but to have confidence to live your life with the security and stability of the Blue brand behind you," says McClung.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion