PA Medical Center Files for Chapter 11
Court Appoints Trustee
Doran explained that because the medical center is “no longer in the position to continue the management” of the facility, it requested that the court appoint a Chapter 11 trustee. William G. Schwab, an attorney from Leighton, was named to that position.
Schwab has several options. He can reorganize the medical center's operation, put it into liquidation, or find a buyer for the facility.
Holli Senior, a spokesperson for the DOH, confirmed that “at this point, the Department of Health has not revoked the license” for Saint Catherine to operate as a healthcare facility. She declined to speculate on future actions.
Efforts to reach a spokesperson for Saint Catherine Medical Center were unsuccessful.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag