Indiana Hospital Files for Chapter 11
The Chapter 7 trustee filed in May an "adversary proceeding" against Saint Catherine Regional Hospital to recover the $300,000. In court documents the regional hospital contends that "this action, combined with the debtor’s previous operational losses, forced the debtor to seek Chapter 11 relief."
Court papers list Specialty Health LLC, Saint Catherine Hospital of Pennsylvania, and Saint Catherine Hospital of Indiana LLC as unsecured creditors but attach no dollar amounts to the claims.
Saint Catherine Regional Hospital remains a fully licensed and operating hospital facility. The state hasn’t imposed any restrictions on the hospital, Terry Whitson, an assistant commissioner in the Indiana Department of Health told HealthLeaders Media in an e-mail exchange.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money