Geriatric Care Model Centers on Nurse Leadership
Of course, NICHE isn't the only answer for hospitals that are seeking to improve elder care, and the Johns Hopkins study actually aimed to find out whether hospitals could implement different geriatric health care delivery models simultaneously.
All of the hospitals and health systems included in the study already had one of the Medicare Innovations Collaborative models in place, and each was required to implement another one.
The researchers found that organizations "did, in fact, adopt and implement multiple complex care models simultaneously; that these care models were appropriately integrated and adapted so as to enhance their adoptability within the hospital or health care system; and that these processes occurred rapidly, in less than one year."
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- 3 Patient Experience Improvements Every Marketer Can Make
- Why Cedars-Sinai Screens All Inpatient Adults for Depression
- Blum Latest Leader to Exit HHS