Two Hospital Merger Deals Collapse
He said Sanford would come back to the negotiations only if Fairview and the University of Minnesota "have sufficiently resolved issues within their relationship and secured a positive understanding by Attorney General Swanson of their intentions and plans. Until those conditions seem resolved it appears prudent for Sanford to disengage from this effort and will do so immediately."
Mooty said in his remarks that Fairview would now concentrate on strengthening its existing partnership with the University of Minnesota. "Clearly, we need to ensure strategic alignment between us before we can advance new ideas for the future. However, we feel it is not the time to discuss any proposal that involves the University acquiring Fairview. As a result, our work to evaluate that proposal will stop."
CHI, PeaceHealth Merger Talks Fold
Catholic Health Initiatives and Peace Health have announced that their months of negotiations to form a unified integrated regional health system in the Pacific Northwest have ended with no deal in place.
The two Catholic health systems had signed a nonbinding agreement in mid-August to create the partnership but they said in a joint media release that they "were unable to develop an integrated model that would provide the desired benefits and serve the best interests of both organizations. CHI and PeaceHealth will remain actively engaged in exploring other opportunities to work together to strengthen their respective ministries in the Pacific Northwest."
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals
- What Physician Alignment Means Depends on Who You Ask
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- CMS' new investment model will help ACOs with health IT