Business Roundup: Cadence Health, Rockford Health System to Merge
"Two years ago, our Board of Trustees made the decision to explore opportunities to collaborate with other organizations to prepare for the changing healthcare environment," Ariglio said. "We developed specific community objectives based upon feedback from a cross-section of community constituencies and initiated discussions with several organizations."
Ariglio said the RMH board voted unanimously to pursue the collaborative with Bassett "because we share a common vision of what's necessary to improve the delivery of healthcare services in our region. Establishing a relationship with Bassett will also help Rome expand primary care access and address physician shortages.
Bassett President/CEO William F. Streck, MD, said an affiliation would come as healthcare delivery evolves into the new reimbursement models that reward population health outcomes and value over volume. An affiliation would give RMS and Bassett opportunities to exchange best practices that reduce costs and provide better outcomes for patients.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic