Business Roundup: Cadence Health, Rockford Health System to Merge
"Two years ago, our Board of Trustees made the decision to explore opportunities to collaborate with other organizations to prepare for the changing healthcare environment," Ariglio said. "We developed specific community objectives based upon feedback from a cross-section of community constituencies and initiated discussions with several organizations."
Ariglio said the RMH board voted unanimously to pursue the collaborative with Bassett "because we share a common vision of what's necessary to improve the delivery of healthcare services in our region. Establishing a relationship with Bassett will also help Rome expand primary care access and address physician shortages.
Bassett President/CEO William F. Streck, MD, said an affiliation would come as healthcare delivery evolves into the new reimbursement models that reward population health outcomes and value over volume. An affiliation would give RMS and Bassett opportunities to exchange best practices that reduce costs and provide better outcomes for patients.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013