HealthLeaders Media's Top 12 Online Stories of 2011
By HealthLeaders Media Staff, December 30, 2011
10.CMS Releases Value-Based Purchasing Incentive Plan
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has issued a long-awaited proposal on so-called value-based purchasing incentives, which will begin rewarding hospitals for meeting standards of quality care in fiscal year 2013.
11.Thirteen Hot ACO Buzzwords All Providers Should Know
Just in time to accompany the proposed accountable care organization guidelines from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, comes a handy glossary of federal healthcare policy lingo.
12. $3 Million Prize Offered to Solve Hospital Admissions Puzzle
The head of an accountable care organization-like physician network is offering a hefty prize for the design of a predictive model that can be used to prevent unnecessary hospitalizations and readmissions—and potentially realize savings of up to $30 billion nationwide.
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs