HealthLeaders Media's Top 12 Online Stories of 2011
By HealthLeaders Media Staff, December 30, 2011
10.CMS Releases Value-Based Purchasing Incentive Plan
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has issued a long-awaited proposal on so-called value-based purchasing incentives, which will begin rewarding hospitals for meeting standards of quality care in fiscal year 2013.
11.Thirteen Hot ACO Buzzwords All Providers Should Know
Just in time to accompany the proposed accountable care organization guidelines from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, comes a handy glossary of federal healthcare policy lingo.
12. $3 Million Prize Offered to Solve Hospital Admissions Puzzle
The head of an accountable care organization-like physician network is offering a hefty prize for the design of a predictive model that can be used to prevent unnecessary hospitalizations and readmissions—and potentially realize savings of up to $30 billion nationwide.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula