HealthLeaders Media's Top 12 Online Stories of 2011
By HealthLeaders Media Staff, December 30, 2011
10.CMS Releases Value-Based Purchasing Incentive Plan
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has issued a long-awaited proposal on so-called value-based purchasing incentives, which will begin rewarding hospitals for meeting standards of quality care in fiscal year 2013.
11.Thirteen Hot ACO Buzzwords All Providers Should Know
Just in time to accompany the proposed accountable care organization guidelines from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, comes a handy glossary of federal healthcare policy lingo.
12. $3 Million Prize Offered to Solve Hospital Admissions Puzzle
The head of an accountable care organization-like physician network is offering a hefty prize for the design of a predictive model that can be used to prevent unnecessary hospitalizations and readmissions—and potentially realize savings of up to $30 billion nationwide.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised