Parkland Hospital Improving, but ED Deficiencies Persist
Regarding other significant delays, the report says some delays are the result of the "need to acquire outside consulting assistance on some of the action plan items. Redoubled efforts and focus will be required in the month of April and May to ensure that these items are completed under the timetables required by the CAP." The tasks include:
- Completing a plan to obtain and guarantee consistent psychiatric physician coverage in psychiatric ED
- Recruitment of permanent nurse managers for the psychiatric ED and inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Implementation of expanded ongoing professional practice evaluation for all medical staff members
- Implementation of revisions and improvements to physician (attending and resident) call and attribution systems
- Implementation of a new and improved technology platform to document resident physician competencies.
- Changes to nursing competencies, tracking of competencies and new competency training procedures may be delayed due to the need to implement a new information technology platform to track the competencies.
- Implementation of the reorganization/restructuring of the care management department and related services (case management, discharge planning, social worker services, utilization management/review) may be delayed given the time necessary to contract with outside consulting firm to assist with reorganization.
- Contracting with an outside consulting firm to assist in HR efforts under the CAP.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big