Final MU Stage 2 Rules Released
Margaret Dick Tocknell and Scott Mace, August 24, 2012
Clinical quality measures (CQM)
- CQM data can be electronically submitted after the first year of demonstrating meaningful use. For the first year CQM data must be submitted via attestation.
- Eligible professionals will submit nine CQMs from at least three of the National Quality Strategy domains. The rule recommends a core set of nine CQMs that focus on adult populations and controlling blood pressure. A core set of nine CQMs are also recommended for pediatric populations.
- Eligible hospitals and CAHs will submit 16 CQMs from at least three of the National Quality Strategy domains.
- Medicare payment adjustments are required by statute to take effect in 2015.
- Eligible professionals and hospitals that are meaningful EHR users in 2013 will avoid the 2015 payment adjustment.
- Eligible professionals that are meaningful EHR users in 2014 will also avoid the adjustment if they demonstrate meaningful use at least three months before the end of the calendar year meet the registration and attestation requirement by Oct. 1, 2014.
- Eligible hospitals that are meaningful EHR users in 2014 will also avoid the adjustment if they demonstrate meaningful use by the end of the fiscal year and meet the registration and attestation requirement by July 1, 2014.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- When a hospital closes
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says