Final MU Stage 2 Rules Released
Margaret Dick Tocknell and Scott Mace, August 24, 2012
Clinical quality measures (CQM)
- CQM data can be electronically submitted after the first year of demonstrating meaningful use. For the first year CQM data must be submitted via attestation.
- Eligible professionals will submit nine CQMs from at least three of the National Quality Strategy domains. The rule recommends a core set of nine CQMs that focus on adult populations and controlling blood pressure. A core set of nine CQMs are also recommended for pediatric populations.
- Eligible hospitals and CAHs will submit 16 CQMs from at least three of the National Quality Strategy domains.
- Medicare payment adjustments are required by statute to take effect in 2015.
- Eligible professionals and hospitals that are meaningful EHR users in 2013 will avoid the 2015 payment adjustment.
- Eligible professionals that are meaningful EHR users in 2014 will also avoid the adjustment if they demonstrate meaningful use at least three months before the end of the calendar year meet the registration and attestation requirement by Oct. 1, 2014.
- Eligible hospitals that are meaningful EHR users in 2014 will also avoid the adjustment if they demonstrate meaningful use by the end of the fiscal year and meet the registration and attestation requirement by July 1, 2014.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away