SGR Repeal Plea Backed by 110 Physician Groups
Cheryl Clark, for HealthLeaders Media, October 19, 2012
The groups are urging Congress to act on these points:
- Reform of the care delivery system is necessary to transition to "a high performing Medicare program that provides patient choice and meets the healthcare needs of a diverse patient population."
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services "must invest and support physician infrastructure that provides the platform for delivery and payment reform."
- Payment "should reflect costs of providing services as well as efforts and progress on quality improvement and managing costs."
- Transition should reflect diversity of physician practices and provide opportunity for physicians to choose payment models that work for their patients practice, specialty and region.
- Payment should include "incentives and rewards during a defined timetable, instead of using penalties to order abrupt changes in care delivery.
- Payment should include a way to measure progress and show policymakers that physicians are taking accountability for quality and costs.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009