Business Roundup: Cadence Health, Rockford Health System to Merge
"Two years ago, our Board of Trustees made the decision to explore opportunities to collaborate with other organizations to prepare for the changing healthcare environment," Ariglio said. "We developed specific community objectives based upon feedback from a cross-section of community constituencies and initiated discussions with several organizations."
Ariglio said the RMH board voted unanimously to pursue the collaborative with Bassett "because we share a common vision of what's necessary to improve the delivery of healthcare services in our region. Establishing a relationship with Bassett will also help Rome expand primary care access and address physician shortages.
Bassett President/CEO William F. Streck, MD, said an affiliation would come as healthcare delivery evolves into the new reimbursement models that reward population health outcomes and value over volume. An affiliation would give RMS and Bassett opportunities to exchange best practices that reduce costs and provide better outcomes for patients.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009