CMS OKs 'Medical Necessity' Reviews for RAC
It is hoped that hospitals have been heeding the advice to prepare for the medical necessity phase of the permanent RAC program, but if they haven't, they certainly can't put it off any longer, said Tanja Twist, MBA, HCM, director of patient financial services at Methodist Hospital of Southern California in Arcadia, CA.
Among the critical items facilities must be prepare for, Twist said, are:
"The industry simply can't afford to bury its head in the sand any longer," says Twist. "The RACs are coming."
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians