A Hospital Chief's Auld Lang Syne for 2013
We'll top our quality scores this year and be acute care heroes
We'll learn from all our past mistakes, and shave our "wouldn't recommends" to zeros.
We turned away the merger op, and failed the acquisition.
And now our board of directors doubts our CEO has mission.
Our alignment is in disarray, we have no hard stop policies.
We've failed to reduce our lengths of stay or unnecessary surgeries.
We'll fix our quality scores this year and be acute care heroes
We'll learn from all our past mistakes, and trim our waste to zeros.
We thought no one cared about call lights, or looked at Hospital Compare,
But now to get value incentive pay, we really don't have a prayer.
I guess we forgot our cost efficiency would be out for all to see
Or that our imaging and mortality rates are part of transparency!
We'll move our quality scores this year and be acute care heroes
We'll learn from all our past mistakes, and drop our outliers to zero.
When employees slipped, we fired them for making a stupid error.
Who knew hospitals were supposed to have a soul of "blame-free culture"?
We didn't go for an ACO; didn't think it fiscally sound.
But now our docs are defecting, admitting patients all over town.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH