Healthcare Delivery Gets its Own Journal
Others to appear on the masthead are providers on the front lines, including Henry Ford Health System's Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer Mark Kelly, MD. Executives from ThedaCare, Academy Health, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, and the Philadelphia VA Medical Center.
Two Harvard clinicians, Sachin H. Jain, MD and Amol S. Navathe, MD, serve as the editors-in-chief.
Asked for examples of upcoming articles, Navathe says one should think about "the how" of healthcare. One paper might be a report on the use of an information technology tool focused on discharge planning or medication reconciliation "that produces measureable, improved outcomes, be they readmissions, cost of care or patient reported outcomes."
Navathe adds that another candidate for publication might be a paper describing a health information technology technique that an accountable care organization has successfully employed to identify patients likely to be high utilizers, or high cost patients, or which are likely to have poor outcomes, and point to resources that, were they to be used sooner, might delay or otherwise alter the progression of disease.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees