Healthcare Delivery Gets its Own Journal
Others to appear on the masthead are providers on the front lines, including Henry Ford Health System's Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer Mark Kelly, MD. Executives from ThedaCare, Academy Health, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, and the Philadelphia VA Medical Center.
Two Harvard clinicians, Sachin H. Jain, MD and Amol S. Navathe, MD, serve as the editors-in-chief.
Asked for examples of upcoming articles, Navathe says one should think about "the how" of healthcare. One paper might be a report on the use of an information technology tool focused on discharge planning or medication reconciliation "that produces measureable, improved outcomes, be they readmissions, cost of care or patient reported outcomes."
Navathe adds that another candidate for publication might be a paper describing a health information technology technique that an accountable care organization has successfully employed to identify patients likely to be high utilizers, or high cost patients, or which are likely to have poor outcomes, and point to resources that, were they to be used sooner, might delay or otherwise alter the progression of disease.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014