Healthcare Delivery Gets its Own Journal
Others to appear on the masthead are providers on the front lines, including Henry Ford Health System's Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer Mark Kelly, MD. Executives from ThedaCare, Academy Health, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, and the Philadelphia VA Medical Center.
Two Harvard clinicians, Sachin H. Jain, MD and Amol S. Navathe, MD, serve as the editors-in-chief.
Asked for examples of upcoming articles, Navathe says one should think about "the how" of healthcare. One paper might be a report on the use of an information technology tool focused on discharge planning or medication reconciliation "that produces measureable, improved outcomes, be they readmissions, cost of care or patient reported outcomes."
Navathe adds that another candidate for publication might be a paper describing a health information technology technique that an accountable care organization has successfully employed to identify patients likely to be high utilizers, or high cost patients, or which are likely to have poor outcomes, and point to resources that, were they to be used sooner, might delay or otherwise alter the progression of disease.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing