EHR Incentives Registration Begins January 3
Available resources for eligible providers
CMS and the ONC are emphasizing the availability of a number of resources to assist hospitals and professionals eligible for the program.
“ONC and CMS have worked together over many months to prepare for the startup on January 3rd. ONC’s Certified HIT Product List includes more than 130 certified EHR systems or modules and is updated frequently. ONC also has hands-on assistance available across the country through 62 Regional Extension Centers,” David Blumenthal, MD, MPP, national coordinator for health information technology, said in the press release.
EHR incentive program timeline
CMS also announced several important dates in 2011 for participating providers, including the following:
- January 3, 2011 – Registration begins for the Medicare EHR incentive program and for the Medicaid program in certain states. (Some states may begin to issue Medicaid incentive payments in January, as well.)
- April 2011 – Attestation begins for the Medicare EHR incentive program.
- May 2011 – First Medicare EHR incentive payments expected.
- July 3, 2011 – Deadline for eligible hospitals to start the 90-day reporting period to demonstrate meaningful use for the Medicare program in fiscal year (FY) 2011.
- October 3, 2011 – Deadline for eligible professionals under the Medicare incentive program to begin their 90-day reporting period for calendar year (CY) 2011.
- November 30, 2011 – Deadline for hospitals to register and attest to receive an FY 2011 payments under the Medicare incentive program.
- December 31, 2011 – Payment ends for eligible professionals for CY 2011.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big