Combination CT Scans Get Mixed Reviews
Soon after Chedekel’s article was published, The Association of Healthcare Journalists, a professional organization for healthcare reporters, picked up the story. No doubt reporters will be checking CT scan rates at their own local hospitals, too.
It might be a good time to assess the number of combination scans at your own facility—and at the very least be prepared to talk to the press about the benefits of modern imaging.
For more recent news about imaging, read CDS Reduces Rate of Imaging Test Orders by 25% in Study and Medical Imaging Study Flags Portable Media Problems.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines