Combination CT Scans Get Mixed Reviews
Soon after Chedekel’s article was published, The Association of Healthcare Journalists, a professional organization for healthcare reporters, picked up the story. No doubt reporters will be checking CT scan rates at their own local hospitals, too.
It might be a good time to assess the number of combination scans at your own facility—and at the very least be prepared to talk to the press about the benefits of modern imaging.
For more recent news about imaging, read CDS Reduces Rate of Imaging Test Orders by 25% in Study and Medical Imaging Study Flags Portable Media Problems.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts