E-Health Systems: For Love or Money?
"Failure is not an option," said the VP of finance at a small hospital. "We must achieve meaningful use if we are to keep our doors open and to remain a viable business."
On the other hand, 89% of leaders say that e-health systems will improve quality of care industrywide within 10 years, and many talked about the benefits to patients and quality of care.
"The importance of knowing the patient's entire story outweighs 'competition,'" said the CNO of a midsized hospital. "It is also important to better aggregate statistical and demographic information for our area to better address and provide appropriate preventive care and education."
You can read the full HealthLeaders Media Intelligence Unit report, E-Health Systems: Opportunities and Obstacles, online here.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Why Cedars-Sinai Screens All Inpatient Adults for Depression
- Blum Latest Leader to Exit HHS
- 3 Patient Experience Improvements Every Marketer Can Make