E-Health Systems: For Love or Money?
"Failure is not an option," said the VP of finance at a small hospital. "We must achieve meaningful use if we are to keep our doors open and to remain a viable business."
On the other hand, 89% of leaders say that e-health systems will improve quality of care industrywide within 10 years, and many talked about the benefits to patients and quality of care.
"The importance of knowing the patient's entire story outweighs 'competition,'" said the CNO of a midsized hospital. "It is also important to better aggregate statistical and demographic information for our area to better address and provide appropriate preventive care and education."
You can read the full HealthLeaders Media Intelligence Unit report, E-Health Systems: Opportunities and Obstacles, online here.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty