U.S. Senator Calls for CMS Probe of 12,400% Drug Price Hike
"We are committed to making Colcrys accessible to everyone who can benefit from it," Richard H. Roberts, MD, president/CEO of URL Pharma said in the February statement. "In response to feedback from patients and healthcare providers, we enhanced our Co-Pay Program to facilitate access to Colcrys."
URL Pharma reiterated its "very generous patient assistance efforts" in Tuesday's statement.
The pharmaceutical firm describes Colcrys as "the only single-ingredient colchicine product approved by the FDA, and is indicated for the prevention and treatment of gout flares and for the treatment of Familial Mediterranean Fever."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- 'Leadership Gap' Threatens MU Momentum, Says AMA
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies