U.S. Senator Calls for CMS Probe of 12,400% Drug Price Hike
"We are committed to making Colcrys accessible to everyone who can benefit from it," Richard H. Roberts, MD, president/CEO of URL Pharma said in the February statement. "In response to feedback from patients and healthcare providers, we enhanced our Co-Pay Program to facilitate access to Colcrys."
URL Pharma reiterated its "very generous patient assistance efforts" in Tuesday's statement.
The pharmaceutical firm describes Colcrys as "the only single-ingredient colchicine product approved by the FDA, and is indicated for the prevention and treatment of gout flares and for the treatment of Familial Mediterranean Fever."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill