U.S. Senator Calls for CMS Probe of 12,400% Drug Price Hike
"We are committed to making Colcrys accessible to everyone who can benefit from it," Richard H. Roberts, MD, president/CEO of URL Pharma said in the February statement. "In response to feedback from patients and healthcare providers, we enhanced our Co-Pay Program to facilitate access to Colcrys."
URL Pharma reiterated its "very generous patient assistance efforts" in Tuesday's statement.
The pharmaceutical firm describes Colcrys as "the only single-ingredient colchicine product approved by the FDA, and is indicated for the prevention and treatment of gout flares and for the treatment of Familial Mediterranean Fever."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement