U.S. Senator Calls for CMS Probe of 12,400% Drug Price Hike
"We are committed to making Colcrys accessible to everyone who can benefit from it," Richard H. Roberts, MD, president/CEO of URL Pharma said in the February statement. "In response to feedback from patients and healthcare providers, we enhanced our Co-Pay Program to facilitate access to Colcrys."
URL Pharma reiterated its "very generous patient assistance efforts" in Tuesday's statement.
The pharmaceutical firm describes Colcrys as "the only single-ingredient colchicine product approved by the FDA, and is indicated for the prevention and treatment of gout flares and for the treatment of Familial Mediterranean Fever."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- Physician Pay Will Soon Depend on Outcomes
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight