ACOs: Stuck in the Wrong Conversation?
The keys to long-term financial and operational success for hospitals and health systems are developing and sustaining a high-performing culture, making care more affordable, managing utilization, and making meaningful progress on improving quality and efficiency. Focusing on these fundamentals will help organizations serve their communities, meet their missions, and provide high quality care into the future — whether inside or outside an ACO framework.
Gordon J. Mountford is executive vice president of Chicago-based Huron Healthcare. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer