ACOs: Stuck in the Wrong Conversation?
The keys to long-term financial and operational success for hospitals and health systems are developing and sustaining a high-performing culture, making care more affordable, managing utilization, and making meaningful progress on improving quality and efficiency. Focusing on these fundamentals will help organizations serve their communities, meet their missions, and provide high quality care into the future — whether inside or outside an ACO framework.
Gordon J. Mountford is executive vice president of Chicago-based Huron Healthcare. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement