ACOs: Stuck in the Wrong Conversation?
The keys to long-term financial and operational success for hospitals and health systems are developing and sustaining a high-performing culture, making care more affordable, managing utilization, and making meaningful progress on improving quality and efficiency. Focusing on these fundamentals will help organizations serve their communities, meet their missions, and provide high quality care into the future — whether inside or outside an ACO framework.
Gordon J. Mountford is executive vice president of Chicago-based Huron Healthcare. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers