ACOs: Stuck in the Wrong Conversation?
The keys to long-term financial and operational success for hospitals and health systems are developing and sustaining a high-performing culture, making care more affordable, managing utilization, and making meaningful progress on improving quality and efficiency. Focusing on these fundamentals will help organizations serve their communities, meet their missions, and provide high quality care into the future — whether inside or outside an ACO framework.
Gordon J. Mountford is executive vice president of Chicago-based Huron Healthcare. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'