App Challenge: Battle Obesity with Public Health Data
Additional points will be given for including a health services researcher on the developer team and for incorporating non-health data sources and data sets that enable analyses at the individual, zip code or county level.
Five other Health 2.0 developer challenges were also issued this month:
- The Medicare Claims Data Developer Challenge: Create an online dashboard for comparative effectiveness and health policy research that is suited for health researchers, data entrepreneurs, students, journalists, and others who would like to access Medicare claims data.
- Walgreens Health Guide Challenge: Design an application that aggregates Health and Human Services data for both consumers and Walgreens' new, in-store Health Guides.
- Using Public Data for Cancer Prevention and Control Challenge: Create innovative health applications using data from the National Cancer Institute's Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences and other Federal agencies.
- The Academy Health challenge, Relevant Evidence to Advance Care and Health: Create applications that provide high-quality, evidence-based, useful information that builds on data generated in the process of care.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Apps for the Environment: Develop apps that engage students, colleges and universities, and software developers to create solutions to help people understand environmental conditions that could impact health and help communities make informed decisions about environmental impacts.
3 Mobile Apps to Help Cut the Fat
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal