RWJ Launches Healthcare Quality Data Website
The site excludes top 100 lists that are composed of information that is not objective, such as the U.S. News & World Report annual rankings of top facilities. Nor does it include Yelp or Angie's List commentaries, which are filled with opinion rather than fact and therefore did not meet the foundation's criteria, Painter said.
He added that the website is the culmination of the foundation's five years of work on quality, and efforts to get "all players to come to the common table, and agree that quality of care in our communities is a problem and we all want to improve.
"We agree that we need to measure it and publicly report it. And if there are worries, find a way to get those resolved. Is it fair, is it accurate, and is it timely."
Thomson Reuters Names Top 10 Health Systems
Top 100 Hospitals Named by Thomson Reuters
Top Community Hospitals Named
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US