FDA Defines Its Authority Over Mobile Medical Apps
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, July 20, 2011
- Must comply with the quality system regulation to help ensure that products consistently meet applicable requirements and specifications.
- Must develop requirements for their products that will result in devices that are safe and effective, and to establish methods and procedures to design, produce, and distribute their devices.
- Must comply with adverse event reporting requirements.
- Must correct problems voluntarily or at the request of the FDA.
The FDA is accepting comments on the 30-page proposed guidelines for 90 days.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal