FDA Defines Its Authority Over Mobile Medical Apps
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, July 20, 2011
- Must comply with the quality system regulation to help ensure that products consistently meet applicable requirements and specifications.
- Must develop requirements for their products that will result in devices that are safe and effective, and to establish methods and procedures to design, produce, and distribute their devices.
- Must comply with adverse event reporting requirements.
- Must correct problems voluntarily or at the request of the FDA.
The FDA is accepting comments on the 30-page proposed guidelines for 90 days.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program