FDA Defines Its Authority Over Mobile Medical Apps
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, July 20, 2011
- Must comply with the quality system regulation to help ensure that products consistently meet applicable requirements and specifications.
- Must develop requirements for their products that will result in devices that are safe and effective, and to establish methods and procedures to design, produce, and distribute their devices.
- Must comply with adverse event reporting requirements.
- Must correct problems voluntarily or at the request of the FDA.
The FDA is accepting comments on the 30-page proposed guidelines for 90 days.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans