FDA Defines Its Authority Over Mobile Medical Apps
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, July 20, 2011
- Must comply with the quality system regulation to help ensure that products consistently meet applicable requirements and specifications.
- Must develop requirements for their products that will result in devices that are safe and effective, and to establish methods and procedures to design, produce, and distribute their devices.
- Must comply with adverse event reporting requirements.
- Must correct problems voluntarily or at the request of the FDA.
The FDA is accepting comments on the 30-page proposed guidelines for 90 days.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments