FDA Defines Its Authority Over Mobile Medical Apps
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, July 20, 2011
- Must comply with the quality system regulation to help ensure that products consistently meet applicable requirements and specifications.
- Must develop requirements for their products that will result in devices that are safe and effective, and to establish methods and procedures to design, produce, and distribute their devices.
- Must comply with adverse event reporting requirements.
- Must correct problems voluntarily or at the request of the FDA.
The FDA is accepting comments on the 30-page proposed guidelines for 90 days.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion