AHIMA: Proposed HIPAA Access Requirement a 'Significant Burden'
AHIMA concluded its comments by calling for OCR to develop a pilot to test the "assumptions" in the new access report requirement and consumer awareness and education.
"In addition to not knowing the impact on covered entities and business associates, the burdens will not be known if we cannot determine how the average consumer will or will not request an access report," the organization said.
Dom Nicastro is a contributing writer. He edits the Medical Records Briefings newsletter and manages the HIPAA Update Blog.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US