America's Next Top HIE Model...
Greg Freeman, for HealthLeaders Media, September 13, 2011
The hybrid model
- Faster access for queries, when allowed by providers in control of the information.
- More support from the HIE and less administrative or technological burden for the participants.
- Potentially more costly than the decentralized or federated model.
This article appears in the September 2011 issue of HealthLeaders magazine.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services