America's Next Top HIE Model...
Greg Freeman, for HealthLeaders Media, September 13, 2011
The hybrid model
- Faster access for queries, when allowed by providers in control of the information.
- More support from the HIE and less administrative or technological burden for the participants.
- Potentially more costly than the decentralized or federated model.
This article appears in the September 2011 issue of HealthLeaders magazine.
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- Aetna Cuts 4 New Accountable Care Deals