America's Next Top HIE Model...
Greg Freeman, for HealthLeaders Media, September 13, 2011
The hybrid model
- Faster access for queries, when allowed by providers in control of the information.
- More support from the HIE and less administrative or technological burden for the participants.
- Potentially more costly than the decentralized or federated model.
This article appears in the September 2011 issue of HealthLeaders magazine.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely