Vendors Vow HIX Will Be Ready on Time
CGI Federal has a 29-month contract to design, develop and implement the HIX. Cheryl Campbell, a senior vice president at the firm, is "confident" that CGI's part of the job will be ready by Oct.1. She noted that all the key milestones have been achieved, including an operational readiness review this month.
John Lau, the program director for Serco Inc. contract, said his company is "on schedule" to deliver all of the requirements of its CMS contract to process and verify paper applications. Serco was contracted in July 2013.
Income and Employment Verification
Equifax Workforce Solutions has a five-year contract to provide realtime income and employment verification services to the data services hub. Lynn Spellecy, corporate counsel, said the company has provided this type of service to government agencies for almost 20 years. The services will be similar to the eligibility reviews it provides in 30 states for the Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance programs.
Spellecy said the Equifax system is integrated with the data services hub and end-to-end testing has been performed with the hub and the state exchanges. Volume testing to simulate activity at peak periods has been successfully completed. Data flow tests are scheduled for next week.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Governor Details Healthcare Payment Reform Path in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- MetroHealth Revs Its Population Health Engine
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians