Combination CT Scans Get Mixed Reviews
Soon after Chedekel’s article was published, The Association of Healthcare Journalists, a professional organization for healthcare reporters, picked up the story. No doubt reporters will be checking CT scan rates at their own local hospitals, too.
It might be a good time to assess the number of combination scans at your own facility—and at the very least be prepared to talk to the press about the benefits of modern imaging.
For more recent news about imaging, read CDS Reduces Rate of Imaging Test Orders by 25% in Study and Medical Imaging Study Flags Portable Media Problems.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told