NC Rural Hospitals Lean Together to Zap Waste
"It makes everybody focus on that reason we're all in business, that patient, and what kind of experience they're going to go home with," he said.
Both CEOs agree that big or small, every institution has to figure out how to operate more efficiently while keeping patients safe and happy.
"We've got to do more with less," Easton said. "Not just by squeezing the orange harder, but by redesigning the orange so that you don't have to squeeze it."
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers