NC Rural Hospitals Lean Together to Zap Waste
"It makes everybody focus on that reason we're all in business, that patient, and what kind of experience they're going to go home with," he said.
Both CEOs agree that big or small, every institution has to figure out how to operate more efficiently while keeping patients safe and happy.
"We've got to do more with less," Easton said. "Not just by squeezing the orange harder, but by redesigning the orange so that you don't have to squeeze it."
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US