NC Rural Hospitals Lean Together to Zap Waste
"It makes everybody focus on that reason we're all in business, that patient, and what kind of experience they're going to go home with," he said.
Both CEOs agree that big or small, every institution has to figure out how to operate more efficiently while keeping patients safe and happy.
"We've got to do more with less," Easton said. "Not just by squeezing the orange harder, but by redesigning the orange so that you don't have to squeeze it."
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending