U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals List Shifts Methodology
Cheryl Clark, for HealthLeaders Media, July 17, 2012
The magazine also lists the top hospitals in 16 medical specialties. They are:
- Cancer —University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery— Cleveland Clinic
- Diabetes & Endocrinology— Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Ear, Nose, & Throat— Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Gastroenterology— Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Geriatrics— Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Gynecology— Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Nephrology— Cleveland Clinic
- Neurology & Neurosurgery— Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Orthopedics— Hospital for Special Surgery, New York
- Pulmonology— National Jewish Health, Denver-University of Colo. Hosp., Aurora
- Urology— Cleveland Clinic
- Ophthalmology— Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami
- Psychiatry— Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Rehabilitation— Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Rheumatology— Johns Hopkins Hospital
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure