U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals List Shifts Methodology
Cheryl Clark, for HealthLeaders Media, July 17, 2012
The magazine also lists the top hospitals in 16 medical specialties. They are:
- Cancer —University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery— Cleveland Clinic
- Diabetes & Endocrinology— Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Ear, Nose, & Throat— Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Gastroenterology— Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Geriatrics— Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Gynecology— Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Nephrology— Cleveland Clinic
- Neurology & Neurosurgery— Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Orthopedics— Hospital for Special Surgery, New York
- Pulmonology— National Jewish Health, Denver-University of Colo. Hosp., Aurora
- Urology— Cleveland Clinic
- Ophthalmology— Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami
- Psychiatry— Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Rehabilitation— Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Rheumatology— Johns Hopkins Hospital
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care