MGMA: Payment Uncertainty Dampens Physician Spending
And, he says, there are other "clouds on the horizon," including issues over ICD-10, privacy and security concerns, compliance questions over heightened government scrutiny, and ongoing healthcare reform implementation, he said.
But still, there's some reason for optimism. "There's more care coordination and better communication and data sharing," Gilberg says.
In a separate panel discussion, Richard Umbdenstock, FACHE, president and CEO of the American Hospital Association agreed. "We're seeing collaboration on a variety of levels and it's only going to continue to grow," he said, referring to providers and payers teaming up on cost-cutting and innovative programs.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says