Business Roundup: MO Hospitals Join Forces
"The unified organization will bring extensive distribution capabilities, deep product and technology expertise and a broad portfolio of business services to an expanding industry, helping our customers improve efficiency and productivity, and deliver better care," McKesson CEO/Chairman John H. Hammergren said in a joint media release.
Leonard Green & Partners Acquires CHG Healthcare Services
Salt Lake City-based CHG Healthcare Services, a healthcare staffing firm, was acquired by Leonard Green & Partners, a private equity firm, and Ares Management LLC, an assets manager, the companies announced jointly.
CHG is now majority-owned by funds affiliated with J.W. Childs Associates, LP. The transaction is expected to close by the end of December. Financial terms were not disclosed.
CHG is one of the largest temporary healthcare staffing firms in the nation and is the largest locum tenens staffing firm in the nation. The company has more than 1,400 people in seven offices nationwide.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers