Business Roundup: MO Hospitals Join Forces
"The unified organization will bring extensive distribution capabilities, deep product and technology expertise and a broad portfolio of business services to an expanding industry, helping our customers improve efficiency and productivity, and deliver better care," McKesson CEO/Chairman John H. Hammergren said in a joint media release.
Leonard Green & Partners Acquires CHG Healthcare Services
Salt Lake City-based CHG Healthcare Services, a healthcare staffing firm, was acquired by Leonard Green & Partners, a private equity firm, and Ares Management LLC, an assets manager, the companies announced jointly.
CHG is now majority-owned by funds affiliated with J.W. Childs Associates, LP. The transaction is expected to close by the end of December. Financial terms were not disclosed.
CHG is one of the largest temporary healthcare staffing firms in the nation and is the largest locum tenens staffing firm in the nation. The company has more than 1,400 people in seven offices nationwide.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- Physician Pay Will Soon Depend on Outcomes
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight