Business Roundup: MO Hospitals Join Forces
"The unified organization will bring extensive distribution capabilities, deep product and technology expertise and a broad portfolio of business services to an expanding industry, helping our customers improve efficiency and productivity, and deliver better care," McKesson CEO/Chairman John H. Hammergren said in a joint media release.
Leonard Green & Partners Acquires CHG Healthcare Services
Salt Lake City-based CHG Healthcare Services, a healthcare staffing firm, was acquired by Leonard Green & Partners, a private equity firm, and Ares Management LLC, an assets manager, the companies announced jointly.
CHG is now majority-owned by funds affiliated with J.W. Childs Associates, LP. The transaction is expected to close by the end of December. Financial terms were not disclosed.
CHG is one of the largest temporary healthcare staffing firms in the nation and is the largest locum tenens staffing firm in the nation. The company has more than 1,400 people in seven offices nationwide.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- Debate Over Consolidation's Effect On Cost Rages On
- How Educated Nurses Save Money