Business Roundup: MO Hospitals Join Forces
"The unified organization will bring extensive distribution capabilities, deep product and technology expertise and a broad portfolio of business services to an expanding industry, helping our customers improve efficiency and productivity, and deliver better care," McKesson CEO/Chairman John H. Hammergren said in a joint media release.
Leonard Green & Partners Acquires CHG Healthcare Services
Salt Lake City-based CHG Healthcare Services, a healthcare staffing firm, was acquired by Leonard Green & Partners, a private equity firm, and Ares Management LLC, an assets manager, the companies announced jointly.
CHG is now majority-owned by funds affiliated with J.W. Childs Associates, LP. The transaction is expected to close by the end of December. Financial terms were not disclosed.
CHG is one of the largest temporary healthcare staffing firms in the nation and is the largest locum tenens staffing firm in the nation. The company has more than 1,400 people in seven offices nationwide.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013