New Foundation for Rural Health Leadership
Mueller calls NRHA's involvement "exciting," adding that "the affinity between a foundation focused on rural health leadership and its roots in the leading voice for rural America in policy issues will be tremendously beneficial."
Mueller says eligibility standards for foundation scholarships and other awards will likely be "very open and inclusive"—from CEOs to clinicians to middle managers.
"We need to be inclusive, because you are talking about the objectives in healthcare delivery, which include better care at lower cost and better health for the population," he says. "With those overarching goals, you have to be flexible and open about who plays key roles, particularly for that better health objective in the community."
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'