New Foundation for Rural Health Leadership
Mueller calls NRHA's involvement "exciting," adding that "the affinity between a foundation focused on rural health leadership and its roots in the leading voice for rural America in policy issues will be tremendously beneficial."
Mueller says eligibility standards for foundation scholarships and other awards will likely be "very open and inclusive"—from CEOs to clinicians to middle managers.
"We need to be inclusive, because you are talking about the objectives in healthcare delivery, which include better care at lower cost and better health for the population," he says. "With those overarching goals, you have to be flexible and open about who plays key roles, particularly for that better health objective in the community."
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure