New Foundation for Rural Health Leadership
Mueller calls NRHA's involvement "exciting," adding that "the affinity between a foundation focused on rural health leadership and its roots in the leading voice for rural America in policy issues will be tremendously beneficial."
Mueller says eligibility standards for foundation scholarships and other awards will likely be "very open and inclusive"—from CEOs to clinicians to middle managers.
"We need to be inclusive, because you are talking about the objectives in healthcare delivery, which include better care at lower cost and better health for the population," he says. "With those overarching goals, you have to be flexible and open about who plays key roles, particularly for that better health objective in the community."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds