CFO Exchange: Healthcare Reform Breeds Innovation
On the debut of the health insurance exchanges:
"Payers know they will take a big haircut on exchanges as [they are] fee-for-service. That's why so many in our state decided not to participate. Because the healthy young won't join and older people will at lower price than their risk. Whoever decides to do it for market share is taking a huge gamble."
—Rich Rothberger, CFO, Scripps Health
Today's CFOs identified numerous challenges, but they're not just cataloguing those challenges—they're doing their best to implement solutions. Through this kind of information sharing, HealthLeaders is doing its best to help facilitate the transfer of knowledge in perhaps the most challenging time not only for healthcare CFOs, but for the entire healthcare system.
Healthcare is changing rapidly, and CFOs aren't standing still—they're racing to innovate.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 3 Favorite Nursing Trends of 2013
- Hospital Compare Adds Infection, Stroke, Readmissions Data
- SGR Bill's Payment Transparency Provision Elicits Concern
- Premier: ACOs Poised for Growth
- Intelligence Report: Cost-Containment Expertise
- ICD-10: Minimizing the Financial Hit
- 7 Signs Providers Are Opening Up About Bad Healthcare Outcomes
- AAFP: 72% of Patients Prefer Physicians to NPs
- Your Meetings are Wasting Big Money
- SGR Repeal Bill Holds Extra Promise for Rural Hospitals