Business Roundup: Health System Buyers, Partnerships Sought
HCA TriStar Buys Grandview MC from Capella
HCA's TriStar Division has announced it is buying Grandview Medical Center from Capella Healthcare. Financial terms were not disclosed.
The 70-bed Grandview Medical Center is located in Jasper, TN, near Chattanooga, and serves five counties in Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. The hospital will become part of the Parkridge Health System in HCA's TriStar Division. With the acquisition of Grandview, the Parkridge Health System will grow to five hospitals in the Chattanooga market.
"The addition of Grandview Medical Center will enhance our ability to serve the Chattanooga market and deliver the highest quality patient care possible close to where people live and work," Steve Corbeil, president of HCA's TriStar Division, said in prepared remarks. "We look forward to welcoming Grandview to TriStar and Parkridge Health System."
The transaction awaits regulatory approvals but is expected to be completed by the end of March.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms