Business Roundup: Health System Buyers, Partnerships Sought
HCA TriStar Buys Grandview MC from Capella
HCA's TriStar Division has announced it is buying Grandview Medical Center from Capella Healthcare. Financial terms were not disclosed.
The 70-bed Grandview Medical Center is located in Jasper, TN, near Chattanooga, and serves five counties in Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. The hospital will become part of the Parkridge Health System in HCA's TriStar Division. With the acquisition of Grandview, the Parkridge Health System will grow to five hospitals in the Chattanooga market.
"The addition of Grandview Medical Center will enhance our ability to serve the Chattanooga market and deliver the highest quality patient care possible close to where people live and work," Steve Corbeil, president of HCA's TriStar Division, said in prepared remarks. "We look forward to welcoming Grandview to TriStar and Parkridge Health System."
The transaction awaits regulatory approvals but is expected to be completed by the end of March.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement