Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions Declined in 2013
Together, the Michigan footprint of CHE Trinity Health and Ascension Health Michigan creates a geographic provider network that spans a majority of the state – it is estimated that 75% of Michiganders will be within 20 minutes of a Together Health Network provider. Together Health Network will have a physician-majority board, a physician CEO, and physician led committees.
Lawrence (MA) General Joins Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization
Lawrence General Hospital has joined Boston-based Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization as part of a risk-sharing agreement aimed at improving population health, the two providers have jointly announced.
Dianne J. Anderson, RN, president/CEO of LGH, said the affiliation will strengthen and expand medical services available for the Merrimack Valley and Southern New Hampshire.
"Patients will see expanded and strengthened medical services, keeping more care local and coordinated from the doctor's office, to Lawrence General, and, if necessary, to an academic medical center," Anderson said in prepared remarks.
With BIDCO support, LGH can provide population health management and access to specialty care at BIDMC. LGH and its affiliated physicians also accept some of the financial risk for keeping patients as healthy as possible. The arrangement is subject to review by the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission.
Tenet, Texas Tech to Establish New Teaching Hospital
Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corporation and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso will develop a new teaching hospital and an 110,000 square foot medical office building in west El Paso, the providers have jointly announced.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement