Sebelius: IPAB Will Not Shift Costs or Ration Care
Sebelius explained that IPAB is forbidden by law from taking any steps that would reduce or eliminate services. "IPAB can't ration care." She said reductions in provider payments might mean that some Medicare providers would decide to no longer deliver a service but noted that is just like the way it works in private health insurance.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed