Sebelius: IPAB Will Not Shift Costs or Ration Care
Sebelius explained that IPAB is forbidden by law from taking any steps that would reduce or eliminate services. "IPAB can't ration care." She said reductions in provider payments might mean that some Medicare providers would decide to no longer deliver a service but noted that is just like the way it works in private health insurance.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians