Sebelius: IPAB Will Not Shift Costs or Ration Care
Sebelius explained that IPAB is forbidden by law from taking any steps that would reduce or eliminate services. "IPAB can't ration care." She said reductions in provider payments might mean that some Medicare providers would decide to no longer deliver a service but noted that is just like the way it works in private health insurance.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers