Sebelius: IPAB Will Not Shift Costs or Ration Care
Sebelius explained that IPAB is forbidden by law from taking any steps that would reduce or eliminate services. "IPAB can't ration care." She said reductions in provider payments might mean that some Medicare providers would decide to no longer deliver a service but noted that is just like the way it works in private health insurance.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers