Sebelius: IPAB Will Not Shift Costs or Ration Care
Sebelius explained that IPAB is forbidden by law from taking any steps that would reduce or eliminate services. "IPAB can't ration care." She said reductions in provider payments might mean that some Medicare providers would decide to no longer deliver a service but noted that is just like the way it works in private health insurance.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- How the slowdown in Medicare spending is affecting hospitals
- More New Orleans-area doctors indicted by feds in $50 million Medicare fraud case