Insurer Hikes FFS Pay, Providers Notch Savings
As it stands now, the program requires access to reliable data that smaller physician groups simply can't produce. Over time, Maturi envisions smaller groups joining together into accountable care organizations or similar arrangements that would allow Premera to collectively implement the global outcomes contracting model into small practices.
Premera has taken a first step in that process with the signing of Northwest Physician Network, an IPA with several hundred independent physicians.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big