MGMA: Payment Uncertainty Dampens Physician Spending
And, he says, there are other "clouds on the horizon," including issues over ICD-10, privacy and security concerns, compliance questions over heightened government scrutiny, and ongoing healthcare reform implementation, he said.
But still, there's some reason for optimism. "There's more care coordination and better communication and data sharing," Gilberg says.
In a separate panel discussion, Richard Umbdenstock, FACHE, president and CEO of the American Hospital Association agreed. "We're seeing collaboration on a variety of levels and it's only going to continue to grow," he said, referring to providers and payers teaming up on cost-cutting and innovative programs.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- In 2015, Target Online Security or Be a Target