Montefiore to Acquire Another Bankrupt Hospital
Spicer assured WVOX that this time the deal with Montefiore would go through. "This deal is done," he said. "It's a merger of the two facilities but when the dust clears, we are a part of Montefiore. We will be part of the Montefiore Medical Center Health System and frankly, they're the lead character here."
In a media release announcing the deal last week, South Shore said the "transaction will not impact the day-to-day operation and our nationally recognized doctors, nurses and staff will continue to serve our patients and provide quality, uninterrupted healthcare. This transition will not change SSHS's status as a not-for-profit hospital system and we will continue to treat all patients regardless of their ability to pay. In the long term, we believe that this acquisition will ultimately strengthen SSHS, leading to growth and enabling us to better serve the southern Westchester communities."
Montefiore operates nine clinics in Westchester and provides specialty care in cardiology, neurology and women's health, such as obstetrics and gynecology, fertility and reproductive medicine, fetal medicine and reproductive genetics. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval and could be completed by the end of the year, Montefiore said.
Advocate Health Care (IL) Finalizes Sherman Health Acquisition
Advocate Health Care on Sunday finalized its acquisition of Elgin-based Sherman Health Systems, which will now be known as Advocate Sherman Hospital.
Based in Bolingbrook, Advocate is the largest health system in Illinois.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic