NY Hospital Joins Payer Fray
Gold believes the CareConnect plan will also help North Shore LIJ keep pace as the healthcare industry moves towards population health management.
"All of this is in response to us wanting to run an organization that is concerned about health as opposed to sickness and how you do that from the point of view of reimbursements and clinical staff. We are looking at wellness and the continuum of care over a lifetime," he says.
Provider organizations and commercial carriers should embrace the idea of forming new relationships designed to lower costs and improve quality, Murray says, and offers a warning to those that don't.
"Those providers who are not involved in these kinds of activities or those insurers who are not involved with providers who are willing to be in these kinds of activities will fall by the wayside," he says. "Plans that do this, whether it is a provider that owns the plan or a plan that wants to work with providers like us are the ones that are going to succeed and be very successful under the Affordable Care Act."
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD