CMS Releases SNF PPS Final Rule for 2012
MacKenzie Kimball, for HealthLeaders Media, August 2, 2011
- The ARD of the COT OMRA would be set for day seven of a COT observation period, which is a successive seven-day window beginning on the day following the ARD set for the most recent scheduled or unscheduled PPS assessment and ending every seven calendar days thereafter.
- Changes to MDS 3.0 SNF PPS assessment schedule: The Final Rule modifies the Medicare-required assessment schedule to incorporate new assessment windows and grace days to capture more appropriately the changes in patients status, in-services, and treatments provided over the course of the stay. This will also reduce the possibility that information from the same days of the stay may be used on different scheduled MDS assessments.
MacKenzie Kimball is an associate editor in the long-term care market at HCPro. She writes PPS Alert for Long-term Care and manages MDSCentral.
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- Aligning Executive Compensation with Provider Mission
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay