CMS Releases SNF PPS Final Rule for 2012
MacKenzie Kimball, for HealthLeaders Media, August 2, 2011
- The ARD of the COT OMRA would be set for day seven of a COT observation period, which is a successive seven-day window beginning on the day following the ARD set for the most recent scheduled or unscheduled PPS assessment and ending every seven calendar days thereafter.
- Changes to MDS 3.0 SNF PPS assessment schedule: The Final Rule modifies the Medicare-required assessment schedule to incorporate new assessment windows and grace days to capture more appropriately the changes in patients status, in-services, and treatments provided over the course of the stay. This will also reduce the possibility that information from the same days of the stay may be used on different scheduled MDS assessments.
MacKenzie Kimball is an associate editor in the long-term care market at HCPro. She writes PPS Alert for Long-term Care and manages MDSCentral.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal