CMS Releases SNF PPS Final Rule for 2012
MacKenzie Kimball, for HealthLeaders Media, August 2, 2011
- The ARD of the COT OMRA would be set for day seven of a COT observation period, which is a successive seven-day window beginning on the day following the ARD set for the most recent scheduled or unscheduled PPS assessment and ending every seven calendar days thereafter.
- Changes to MDS 3.0 SNF PPS assessment schedule: The Final Rule modifies the Medicare-required assessment schedule to incorporate new assessment windows and grace days to capture more appropriately the changes in patients status, in-services, and treatments provided over the course of the stay. This will also reduce the possibility that information from the same days of the stay may be used on different scheduled MDS assessments.
MacKenzie Kimball is an associate editor in the long-term care market at HCPro. She writes PPS Alert for Long-term Care and manages MDSCentral.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare