CMS Releases SNF PPS Final Rule for 2012
MacKenzie Kimball, for HealthLeaders Media, August 2, 2011
- The ARD of the COT OMRA would be set for day seven of a COT observation period, which is a successive seven-day window beginning on the day following the ARD set for the most recent scheduled or unscheduled PPS assessment and ending every seven calendar days thereafter.
- Changes to MDS 3.0 SNF PPS assessment schedule: The Final Rule modifies the Medicare-required assessment schedule to incorporate new assessment windows and grace days to capture more appropriately the changes in patients status, in-services, and treatments provided over the course of the stay. This will also reduce the possibility that information from the same days of the stay may be used on different scheduled MDS assessments.
MacKenzie Kimball is an associate editor in the long-term care market at HCPro. She writes PPS Alert for Long-term Care and manages MDSCentral.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'