CMS Releases SNF PPS Final Rule for 2012
MacKenzie Kimball, for HealthLeaders Media, August 2, 2011
- The ARD of the COT OMRA would be set for day seven of a COT observation period, which is a successive seven-day window beginning on the day following the ARD set for the most recent scheduled or unscheduled PPS assessment and ending every seven calendar days thereafter.
- Changes to MDS 3.0 SNF PPS assessment schedule: The Final Rule modifies the Medicare-required assessment schedule to incorporate new assessment windows and grace days to capture more appropriately the changes in patients status, in-services, and treatments provided over the course of the stay. This will also reduce the possibility that information from the same days of the stay may be used on different scheduled MDS assessments.
MacKenzie Kimball is an associate editor in the long-term care market at HCPro. She writes PPS Alert for Long-term Care and manages MDSCentral.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Physician Pay Will Soon Depend on Outcomes
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Aggressive End-of-Life Care Easing in Hospitals
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Immigration Bill Lowers Hurdles for Foreign-Born Docs