HHS Unveils Proposed HIX Rules
Sebelius emphasized other efforts the HHS has put in place to make healthcare insurance more affordable, including grants to states to create structures to review and reject "huge premium hikes that can cause people to lose their coverage." She said the Obama administration has "also mandated that insurers cut their administrative costs and that they spend the bulk of consumer premiums on healthcare instead of on advertising and large CEO bonuses."
"And we've already seen the fruits of that labor with a sharp slowdown in rise of premiums in many states across the country."
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic