Midsized Businesses Grapple with Healthcare Coverage Options
John Commins, for HealthLeaders Media, August 29, 2011
The survey also found that:
- 70% of employers expect to lose grandfathered status by 2012.
- 57% of employers are considering rewarding or penalizing their employees based on biometric outcomes (versus 8% today).
- 32% don't offer healthcare coverage to part-time employees.
- 44% of employers now use or are considering using social media tools to impact employee health and well-being (versus 14% today), and 26% currently support or are considering supporting employee health management with the use of online games (versus 9% today).
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014