Midsized Businesses Grapple with Healthcare Coverage Options
John Commins, for HealthLeaders Media, August 29, 2011
The survey also found that:
- 70% of employers expect to lose grandfathered status by 2012.
- 57% of employers are considering rewarding or penalizing their employees based on biometric outcomes (versus 8% today).
- 32% don't offer healthcare coverage to part-time employees.
- 44% of employers now use or are considering using social media tools to impact employee health and well-being (versus 14% today), and 26% currently support or are considering supporting employee health management with the use of online games (versus 9% today).
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations