Midsized Businesses Grapple with Healthcare Coverage Options
John Commins, for HealthLeaders Media, August 29, 2011
The survey also found that:
- 70% of employers expect to lose grandfathered status by 2012.
- 57% of employers are considering rewarding or penalizing their employees based on biometric outcomes (versus 8% today).
- 32% don't offer healthcare coverage to part-time employees.
- 44% of employers now use or are considering using social media tools to impact employee health and well-being (versus 14% today), and 26% currently support or are considering supporting employee health management with the use of online games (versus 9% today).
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty