Midsized Businesses Grapple with Healthcare Coverage Options
John Commins, for HealthLeaders Media, August 29, 2011
The survey also found that:
- 70% of employers expect to lose grandfathered status by 2012.
- 57% of employers are considering rewarding or penalizing their employees based on biometric outcomes (versus 8% today).
- 32% don't offer healthcare coverage to part-time employees.
- 44% of employers now use or are considering using social media tools to impact employee health and well-being (versus 14% today), and 26% currently support or are considering supporting employee health management with the use of online games (versus 9% today).
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT