Greater Claims Data Scrutiny Could Save Hospitals $800M
Among Mission's cost savers: It reduced its cycle time for claims by 70% by clarifying documentation requirements and shifting from paper claims to electronic submissions.
For its part, Blue Shield and has just announced a collaboration with the Hospital Council of Northern and Central California, which will add about 160 hospitals to the POET system. Blue Shield is also piloting the process with 30 physician groups.
The process is part of an effort to "break down silos," explains Martinez. "A lot of claims problems are because hospitals and payers "just speak different languages."
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Medicare is pricier in unhealthy states, study says
- Mobile Health Screenings Come Under Scrutiny
- CMS Pitches Medicare Appeals Deal to Hospitals
- Strategically, Physicians Make Room for RNs