5 Big Ideas from WellPoint's PCMH Pilot
There is a time lag on some claims data, but Hummel says, "this is an example of when we can't let great get in the way of good. Even with the lag our information is better than what the physician has now."
WellPoint's pharmacy claims data is refreshed each night. Physician data is available within about two weeks. Hospital billing cycles contribute to a 30 to 60 day lag in making that information available to physicians.
4. Physician practices need help
Even with the money, coordination, and information, physicians practices need additional help making the shift to the new delivery model.
Transformation to the coordinated care model requires physicians to redesign how they deliver care in their offices. WellPoint is hiring patient-centered care consultants to help physicians learn the basic elements of patient centered care. "They need to understand how to interpret data, how to develop care plans, and how to develop strategies for frequent ER fliers," explains Hummel.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers