Health Plans Betting on HIX to Bring in Business
HIX as a catalyst for change
Geraghty says the retail centers have also helped prime the marketplace for the industry shift in reimbursement.
"We're in discussions all over the state for ACOs [Accountable Care Organizations], and when I sit down with a hospital and talk with them about changing the reimbursement model into one that pays for value versus volume, they like the notion that I've got a center near their facility and that I'm reaching out to my population to keep it healthy in the first place," he says.
Two of the retail centers that opened this year also take a cue from coordinated care and include primary care physicians.
"We had to really talk to the delivery system in the area about what we were doing and how we could be a collaborative partner with an on the ground delivery system. We're watching those pilots as well to see what the data will tell us," says Geraghty.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care