Health Plans Betting on HIX to Bring in Business
HIX as a catalyst for change
Geraghty says the retail centers have also helped prime the marketplace for the industry shift in reimbursement.
"We're in discussions all over the state for ACOs [Accountable Care Organizations], and when I sit down with a hospital and talk with them about changing the reimbursement model into one that pays for value versus volume, they like the notion that I've got a center near their facility and that I'm reaching out to my population to keep it healthy in the first place," he says.
Two of the retail centers that opened this year also take a cue from coordinated care and include primary care physicians.
"We had to really talk to the delivery system in the area about what we were doing and how we could be a collaborative partner with an on the ground delivery system. We're watching those pilots as well to see what the data will tell us," says Geraghty.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts