Health Plans Share Their Roadmaps to HIX
UHC officials describe its health exchange participation as "modest" with an expectation that it will have a presence in 12 HIX. While describing the opportunities as "huge over the long term," Officials describe HIX participation at this point as more of a learning opportunity.
Joseph Swedish, the WellPoint CEO, has been on the job less than nine months, and is just beginning to make his mark on the company. He has realigned the company organization around two operating divisions—commercial and specialty business, and government business—in an effort to promote efficiency and accountability.
A review of IT expenditures—more than $1 billion annually—is underway. The goal is to free up capital to invest in data analytics and information management to improve market position and performance, especially6 in terms of medical management, customer service, and predictive modeling.
WellPoint is preparing for Medicaid expansion related to healthcare reform. It expects about 50% of its Medicaid states to participate in expansion effective Jan. 1.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Medicare to Finally Pay Doctors for Care They Were Giving Away
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- 3 Ways CFOs Can Help Achieve Physician Alignment
- CIOs, CMOs Share EHR, Telehealth Adoption Experiences
- Health Plans Braced for Open Enrollment
- Quality in Ambulatory Surgical Settings Gets a Closer Look
- How Payers Are Curbing Behavioral-Health Cost Drivers