SHOP Exchanges Taking a Slice of Small Biz Market
As part of their enrollment efforts, HealthSource RI officials said they are working to build partnerships with brokers. "We offer training for brokers and we work hard to let employers know that if they have a relationship with a broker they like and trust, they can continue to work with that broker to enroll through HealthSource RI."
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island is bullish on the small business insurance policies it is offering through HealthSource RI. "Some of the good SHOP exchange news in Rhode Island is that the site functions well, there have been no significant IT issues, and the experience for businesses and brokers of purchasing coverage in a new way has been positive. We anticipate these early and continuing HealthSource RI successes will build momentum and help grow our state's SHOP exchange over the coming months and year," said Tom Boucher, a spokesman for the health plan.
'Hard to be Definitive'
Brian Kim, senior vice president for account management at Southboro, Massachusetts-based ikaSystems, which is helping health plans operate on the new public exchanges, said it is too early to determine whether the SHOP exchanges are a small business health insurance game changer.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised