Tending to Hospital Employees After the Joplin Tornado
HLM: What advice would you give other healthcare leaders facing similar crises?
Britton: “Clearly understand the situation and make some quick, appropriate decisions. Don’t be ambiguous ever about what you are going to do and how you are going to do it, and be bold when you face those moments. People will not remember if you didn’t get a decision just quite perfect during a moment like this, but they will absolutely remember if you don’t do anything or you are just in a state of inaction. That is far worse and does far more damage than being slightly off on one or two decisions at some critical moment.”
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers