Tending to Hospital Employees After the Joplin Tornado
HLM: What advice would you give other healthcare leaders facing similar crises?
Britton: “Clearly understand the situation and make some quick, appropriate decisions. Don’t be ambiguous ever about what you are going to do and how you are going to do it, and be bold when you face those moments. People will not remember if you didn’t get a decision just quite perfect during a moment like this, but they will absolutely remember if you don’t do anything or you are just in a state of inaction. That is far worse and does far more damage than being slightly off on one or two decisions at some critical moment.”
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic