Geisinger, AtlantiCare Enter 'Integration' Talks
How Geisinger May Benefit
Tilton says AtlantiCare "brings to the table a very high-performing organization with an incredible culture, the way people work and focus on patients first."
"I know a lot of people say that but we are doing it each and every day," he says. "The quality outcomes that we achieve, the way our employees are engaged in the work we are doing and the work environment created here, the way we connect with our community in ways that are very special in terms of engaging them and activating them around their own care, we have a very balanced approach to not only leading the organization but achieving outcomes."
"What we bring to the table is a partner for Geisinger who knows how to organize work effectively, engage our staff and physicians in that work, connect with the community in a meaningful way, and really execute very well on our plans. We are an example of how they hope to scale their model to other markets."
Tilton and Brennan say they're not concerned about a clash of cultures or egos when two successful and progressive leadership teams get down to brass tacks on deciding how to run a health system.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives