Business Roundup: Healthcare M&A Activity Brisk
"As stewards of a valued community resource, our board of directors and leadership team know it is our responsibility to preserve and advance healthcare in our region," DeNarvaez said in prepared remarks.
"Unlike many health systems, Wellmont is fortunate to be in a position of clinical strength and relative financial stability thanks to the great work of our physicians, co-workers and leadership. The board and the administration are committed to continue pursuing all internal options to ensure the financial stability of our health system for the future."
DeNarvaez says the "guiding principles" that will govern the assessment include:
- Significant financial strength to advance medical, technological and organizational innovation and to develop new care models
- Optimization of information and medical technology systems
- A robust physician network and physician recruitment capacity and commitment to physician leadership
"By proactively embarking on this process, we are taking our future into our own hands and creating a stronger health system for the communities we serve," DeNarvaez said
HMA Stockholders Accept CHS Merger Offer
Stockholders at Naples, FL-based Health Management Associates have voted overwhelmingly to accept the previously announced merger agreement with rival Community Health Systems, Inc., of Franklin, TN. The deal was announced jointly last week by the two for-profit hospital chains.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More